Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Civil/ Structural Engineer for a contract role in Calgary, AB.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
- Have experience with relevant structural design applications such as RISA, Staad.Pro, S-FRAME/S-STEEL, SAP and the ability to use 3D model navigation
- Proven success in developing engineering solutions in structural repair jobs.
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of civil structural standards and specifications.
- Excellent understanding of math and physics along with good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of applicable government codes, regulations & industry standards.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, and good written communication skills
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Able to establish and manage priorities
- Must have strong leadership & team skills to build consensus across organizational lines
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent overall Windows based computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Recognized Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 15 - 20 years' experience with focus on civil structural engineering in the oil and gas industry
- 10+ years' operation / project experience. (SAGD experience an asset)
- Registered with APEGA and/or eligible to be registered with EGBC.
- Geotechnical engineering experience will be an asset.
- Background in mechanical engineering related concepts and/or experience will be an asset.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Working knowledge of government codes & regulations (federal & provincial, municipal regulations in areas where we operate is an asset) and industry standards.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.