BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. IT&S is at the centre of BP's Group Strategy. We use our data and technology expertise, to improve efficiency, increase effectiveness and harness the transformational potential of digital technologies and new business models.
Our innovations and achievements lead the way for BP to modernise the way it works. IT&S touches every part of BP and we have employees in over 30 countries.
Join us and you'll have an opportunity to use your existing experience and expertise whilst continuing to develop professionally. Personal growth and development is encouraged and learning opportunities are plentiful. You are empowered to Explore, Think, Do.
If technology excites you, we want you!
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time. The chapter will be based on your skill set and will be confirmed if you are the successful candidate.
Your first activity will be in the Mulesoft Platform portfolio, within Developer Platforms, Enterprise.
The successful candidate will be accountable for building, running and expanding the Mulesoft portfolio, incorporating DevOps & automation technologies, including having direct accountability for the Center For Enablement (C4E).
You will act as an evangelist for Mulesoft and other API enablement technologies, helping teams across IT&S to effectively adopt them and feeding back to the platform teams requirements from across IT&S teams.
You have experience in building teams of technical resources and getting them to work together across organisational boundaries, providing mentoring and coaching where required.
You will be accountable for designing and running the commercial model which underpins BPs API ecosystem. This includes holding the licensing costs for all centrally procured product and managing quarterly recharges to consuming customers.Key Accountabilities:
: You are a high-performing technical individual who supports the individuals working in our cross-functional squads. Developing the capabilities of your services to deliver the most agile, robust and commercially cost-effective solutions is one of your top priorities. We expect every leader at BP to demonstrate leadership through delegation, motivation and trust. Our people embrace a growth mindset and culture. We lead and solve problems through our Explore, Think, Do approach.Relationships:
You'll partner with product owners to help define the product roadmaps and how your teams will help deliver them. As well as having accountability for your own products, you will influence the direction of other products. When your service consumes a product from another service, you will be part of the product council for that product.Investment & Delivery:
You will seek investment to grow, renew and optimize your services. This means pitching for seed funding to deliver proofs of concept at pace. When investment is secured, you will design a capability to make the change. We typically use DevOps teams - you build it, you run it!Technology
: The architecture team will partner with you to agree the most suitable technology and operating model choices. Service Owners drive appropriate re-use of technology, choosing BP's common platforms wherever possible and promoting business process consolidation. You will drive the automation of business and IT process to reduce costs.Leading change:
Service Owners also drive efficient and effective product lifecycle from inception through to retirement - crafting, agreeing and leading the service strategy. If demand for products is growing, then you must seek budget to support the demand. Where an opportunity is seen to change, eliminate or merge services, you'll be expected to drive those changes, doing the right thing for BP.Safety and Compliance:
The safety of our people and customers is our No. 1 priority. You will champion and lead this, promoting security in everything we do.Experience and Capability:
You should have at least two of the following:
- Experience running several IT operations teams - taking responsibility for delivering reliable and commercially efficient operations
- Experience of an IT business interface role with senior stakeholders - balancing business demands with enterprise drivers and being the face of IT to the business
- Experience of leading IT large projects or programmes - securing investment, running governance, selecting solutions and vendors, planning, and running through to operations
- Proficiency with API design in general with at least 2 years of experience in Mulesoft delivery specifically.
- A real passion for technology and its power to drive business efficiency, value and innovation
- Experience leading several large teams ("leader of leaders") with a focus on growing and developing talent and building an inclusive culture
- Experience of managing vendors and relationships in both matrix and line management models, in a geographically diverse environment
- A deep understanding of the technologies in use in your Service, including their strengths, weaknesses, lifecycle and competitors
- Mastery of the business processes used to manage a corporate IT department, such as financial planning and management, risk management or acquiring and retaining talent.
Ideally, you'll have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science. Additionally, a Master's degree (MBA) is strongly preferred.Flexible Working:
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexible working arrangements. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options, which help people to achieve their full potential.