Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Cloud Architect Lead. The Cloud Architect Lead the creation or evolution of the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Architecture Vision, Strategy, Function, and Program Migration.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Lead the identification and analysis of Cloud Service Provider drivers to derive business, technical and architecture requirements.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the Cloud Service Provider Migration.
- Lead the development of the Cloud Service Provider Architecture Roadmap & Migration Planning, based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Oversee Cloud Service Provider Architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities for the migration program.
- Collaborate with the Cloud Program/Project Migration teams to reconcile solutions to architecture.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the architects to improve our organizational capability
- Identify industry best practices in architecture and apply them in a way that is tailored to be relevant for our business
- Lead the architecture community to drive the definition and evolution of the architecture for the overall set of Cloud Service Provider products and platforms.
- Develop a vision for Cloud Service Provider architecture, create a roadmap and plan for the evolution of the Cloud Service Provider architecture.
- Integrate the arch. process with the product dev. lifecycle to ensure that arch. issues and tradeoffs are addressed as early as possible to avoid expensive rework.
- Provide thought leadership to the senior leaders for the direction of the overall product portfolio and how to manage and evolve our architectures.
- Develop, promote, and build consensus around CSP platform arch. and platform teams, providing technical leadership for developing and maintaining solutions.
- Create a base platform that provides an integration back bone for existing services and enables many order-of magnitudes growth in our transaction volumes.
- Strategically align Cloud Service Provider Platform Arch. efforts with data and solution arch. counterparts to ensure overall alignment of arch. components.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field plus 10 years of experience or equivalent.
- At least 6 years progressive experience in building resilient Cloud/Service Provider Infrastructure as-a service, Platform as-a-service, architecture and integration.
- Cloud/Service Provider, distributed computing, enterprise experience, leading the definition of complex Cloud/Service Provider architectures, platforms.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering large scale solutions
- Evidence of leading through influence and acting as a team-first player.
- Grounded in understanding enterprise customer use cases and target audience.
- Well versed in the end-to-end Cloud/Service Provider technology stack from computer, networking, storage to higher level platform service abstractions
- Great communication skills focused on building a shared technical understanding and a broad technical community.
- Highly self-directed and able to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.