Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
- Provide engineering skills to assist in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products.
- Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products linked to Manufacturing Technologies
- Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests.
- Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results).
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Work with production teams, technology teams, quality teams and supply chain teams.
- Prioritize tasks, communicate (many stakeholders)
- Ready to work on non-typical topics (nuclear technology context, glass material...)
Education and Qualification
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced with:
- Manufacturing processes, materials, motors, welding.
- Design and/or manufacture of ultra-vacuum and/or high voltage systems
- High temperature (200°C) materials
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.