Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Principal Completion Engineer will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for completions, interventions, workovers, testing and abandonments for all offshore wells within the Ecopetrol Group.
The Principal Completion Engineer will provide Technical Assurance and support for both Ecopetrol and Partner operated Completion & Well Intervention (CWI) work, from conceptual design through operational execution with full 'life of field' considerations. He / she will be the technical resource consulted by various other internal departments for all engineering, design, regulatory, and operational topics related to offshore CWI engineering and operations.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as the SME for all offshore completion, intervention, workover, well testing and abandonment related activities within the Company.
2. Perform post-operational analysis at the conclusion of completion operations, inclusive of lessons learned, potential improvements, benchmarking, and final performance reports.
3. Implement standards for activities within the SME area of responsibility, ensuring the highest levels of HSE performance.
4. Review budgets and AFEs for offshore CWI activities, and provide assessments of required funding and risks associated with the scope of work.
5. Recommend new technologies and ideas that add value and reduce risk for the Company.
6. Develop and mentor Company staff within the CWI discipline.
7. Represent the Company at industry events and Joint Venture meetings, using appropriate influencing skills to promote the Company interests.
8. Work with various departments (Business Development, Producing Assets, etc.) to share knowledge on all CWI topics and answer questions, provide feedback, and make suggestions / recommendations which will result in added value to the Company.
9. Contribute to maintaining and improving the Company Well Delivery Process
• Experience within all aspects of offshore Well Completion Engineering, preferably from an active offshore operator. Offshore experience as Drilling or Completion Supervisor is preferred.
• Experience from US GoM deepwater completions. Experience in South America also is preferred.
• Experience with Front End Well Engineering, including cost estimating, completion designs, sand control, artificial lift, and field development strategies.
• Familiarity with all completion types (screens, perforation, gravel pack, frac-pack, etc) and experience in design, engineering, and execution of same.
• Knowledge of US GoM regulations, specifically regarding barriers and well abandonments.
• Experience from both Completions and Well Interventions is essential. Well Testing experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams.
Fluency in English required. Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline from an internationally recognized university.
• Must have at least 20 years of overall experience working in offshore well operations, of which at least 10 years of completion and well intervention experience with an active major, large independent or national oil company.
• Must have experience in deep water completion engineering and operations.
• Must be legally allowed to work for any employer in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
• Must be willing and able to travel on an 'as needed' basis, either within the United States or internationally within the Americas.
~~~~Equal Opportunity Employer: EAI is an equal opportunity employer. EAI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), or age.