Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Technology Implementation Engineer for a contract role Fort McMurray.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
· Responsible to support the ADEM process associated with digital technology development, including creating problem definition documents, preparing decision notices, and being a member of integrated teams and supporting gate 1, 2 and 3 deliverables.
· Act as a translator between the mine business unit (understands the current mine digital infrastructure, mine plan, and how we do business) and the team implementing new technologies on our behalf (Business Unit Projects, Digital and Enterprise Technical)
· Develop, prepare and maintain roadmaps and schedules on our overall digital technology plan and portfolio as well as for specific project work including the Millennium deployment of AHS.
· Prepare presentation material to support updates on the digital technology portfolio to the Mine Leadership team (including portfolio stewardship)
· Establish and maintain relationships with key business and technology stakeholders (internal and external)
· Work with the development Integration Lead to perform customer research to gain insight into the voice of the business and analyze the possible alternatives, capabilities and qualities that would be most beneficial to the business
· Monitor the support of the use of technology through close communication with the business and collaboration with internal stakeholders
Experience and Education
· 10+ years of relevant experience in operations, maintenance, project management or engineering is required; some technology focus in previous experience is preferred
· Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline, and/or extensive experience in technology development and project management
· Strong technology mindset with demonstrable project experience preferred
· Experience and familiarity with design thinking process, lean and agile software delivery teams would be an asset
Skills and Knowledge
· Deep understanding of how work is performed in the industrial environment, combined with the ability to define new ways of working
· Must be able to engage and influence personnel at multiple levels of the organization, within the mining business area and functional supporting groups (BUP, D&ET) from VP/GM/Director level to front line workers
· Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders and understand the link of supporting operations, to strategy and articulate how digital technology advancements will deliver value.
· Ability to lead through influence and work effectively with a wide range of teams
· Effectively translate business language into operation language then to bridge the gap between business and operations stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with the ability to partner with resources both internal and external
· Ability to tie together many pieces of work for optimization including sustainment, enhancements, next generation, continuous improvement
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.