Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States
The Turnaround (TAR) Scheduling Lead is a critical member of the Turnaround team and will be responsible for all aspects of the scheduling function, including the maintenance of scheduling principles, schedule development at all phases, schedule benchmarking, and execution reporting.
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required to provide support for your area job requirements.
- Responsible for developing and implementing TAR scheduling standards, including the management of user defined fields, resource management, schedule logic strategy, leveling principles, and updating standards
- Responsible for ensuring consistency in TAR Scheduling templates and reports, ensuring that TAR deliverables are consistent, accurate and follow proper cadence.
- Responsible for working with the TAR Planning team to develop the TAR Pre-Appraise, Appraise and Select Stage schedules per Scheduling Guidelines.
- Ensure consistency in scheduling reporting and the incorporation of change management information.
- Engagement with site scheduling leads and participation in global Scheduling CIF
- Responsible to monitor schedule metrics to ensure that durations and head count levels are within budget.
- Engagement with TAR Cost Lead to support development of estimate development through planning and forecasting through execution.
- Responsible for the maintenance of administrative activity in the scheduling tool, including user, profile management and historical archiving.
- Responsible for staffing Contract Cost Personnel and any additional Contractor TAR Administrative Personnel (such as Requisitioners and Track administrators).
- Responsible for providing shift-by-shift real-time contractor schedule performance by craft or WBS.
- Provide TAR Leadership the ability to make smart construction management decisions as a result of the immediate visibility of Turnaround trends.
- Responsible for Scheduling meeting cadence and deliverables during event execution.
- Responsible for ongoing communication with the TAR Project Controls Manager to ensure accurate schedule development and reporting is achieved.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience, including 10+ years relevant work experience in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant experience in a maintenance or TAR-related role.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or Engineering Technology preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant experience.
- Relevant work experience in maintenance scheduling and execution reporting, and demonstrated advancement capability in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant preferred.
?Skills / Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power BI and Outlook.
- Thorough understanding of latest Primavera version
- Experience with Turnaround methodology and schedule principles of turnarounds in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with multi-discipline contracts and Turnaround/Projects work
- Knowledge of process industry equipment (exchangers, vessels, drums, heaters)
- Knowledge of process industry materials (piping, valves, and fittings)
- Knowledge of Project Controls principles
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement