Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Call Out Field Service Technician II
Axip is an established, leading provider of gas compression and related services in the oil and gas industry, with years of experience in the field. At Axip, we partner with our customers to deliver optimized compression services consistently over time, utilizing field data, industry-leading technology, and engineering expertise. We place a focus on delivering compression and facility services in a manner that meets the highest standards of safety, reliability, cost-effectiveness, and environmental responsibility.
The Call Out, Repair FST II individual performs maintenance and repair activities on gas engines, compression and/or production equipment utilized in the oil and gas industry, at customer's location and as directed.
We are looking for local individuals who live in the Odessa/Kermit, TX area.
- Perform all types of repairs and maintenance on compression equipment and/or production equipment utilized in the oil and gas industry, from minor repairs to major overhauls, all without assistance from a technical expert.
- Will have call-out rotation responsibilities and respond to emergency repair/maintenance calls as required for compression equipment and production equipment.
- Provide superior customer service in all situations.
- Follow all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Use intermediate computer skills, including engine specific software (Cat and Waukesha), Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Complete and submit company required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- May serve as a resource to other technicians with less experience.
- Responsible for ensuring service truck is maintained and well kept.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of gas engines and compressors, production equipment, electrical systems, panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems on multiple types of compressor configurations and production equipment.
- Show track record of performing preventative maintenance (PM) and resolving and repairing most call-out services, all without assistance from a technical expert.
- Familiarity with latest industry technologies
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Read, write and speak English (email, work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training preferred
- 5 years' experience with natural gas engines and compressors and a working knowledge of production equipment
- Ability to provide own hand tools up to 1 1/4"
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role (includes respiratory protection medical requirements as required by role)
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds
- Regularly asked to climb in and around equipment, stairs and slanted ladders
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Drive and work in inclement weather for extended periods