Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a contract role in Calgary, AB.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
- Provides mechanical engineering support to facilities design and operations.
- Provides discipline technical support during the project FEL process for new and/or revamp projects.
- Provides technical support for problem solving and development of recommendations to reduce or eliminate failures.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in applicable codes in order to utilize the latest available technology.
- Assists in the design, layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems.
- Provides support for design and/or modification of hardware in production.
- Oversees technical studies.
- Supports supply chain in mechanical system and equipment procurement activities.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Expert level, typically 10+ years of experience.
- Technical specialist in all areas of discipline.
- Highest non-supervisory level.
- Is known across the organization for their expertise, strategic vision and enterprise perspective.
- Creates unprecedented solutions to complex, non-routine problems.
- Provides recommendations to management within business/functional team and occasionally across business lines/regions.
- Often provides specialized technical/functional guidance to others within business unit/functional areas.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.