Responsible for delivering business analysis and consulting activities for the defined specialism using advanced technical capabilities, building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and managing process and system improvements to deliver business value. Specialisms: Business Analysis; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
You will work within BP's Treasury and Treasury Trading IT&S Service focused on consulting with the business on how Technology can materially improve their business.
- This role will interact directly with our customers, development teams, business product owners and 3rd party vendors.
- You must act as an advisor and consultant to our business, helping them navigate the most appropriate technology improvements, whether utilizing existing BP platforms or tools, developing new solutions from scratch or sourcing from the market.
- You must bring a strong willingness to explore new technologies and process improvements
- If you have experience in Treasury and Finance that would be an advantage, particularly Insurance and Pensions, but you must be able to adapt and deliver solutions that make a commercial benefit for the Function.
: As a high-performing technical individual, develop the capability of your teams to deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective solutions. Demonstrated leadership through delegation, motivation and trust are expected of every leader at BP. You will not just lead, but you will "do". You will ensure personal and team compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate your leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours. Relationships:
Act as the main interface for all facets of Business Analysis within your area of accountability. You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external stakeholder relationships, delivering expertise knowledge to support project delivery. Thought leadership with the ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. Business Analysis:
You will help create the product, solution roadmap and vision requirements via expertise and Agile business analysis principles. You will facilitate the creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming.
You facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team using scrum of scrum techniques for mitigation. Technology
: You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for the Business Analysis chapter, ensuring best practice is shared across the team.Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.Job Criteria Required
- Educated to degree-level and/or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience as an Agile Business Analyst.
- Have experience as a Practitioner of design thinking.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to present and articulate at all levels of the organization
- You work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- You can resolve conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- Demonstrated experience working as a team player and you're comfortable working in a virtual global team environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- You create documentation to efficiently communicate requirements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You initiate, plan and develop Business Analysis activities in support of strategic initiatives.
- Ideally, you have experience with TFS or similar tools such as Jira.
- Embrace a culture of change and agility.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.