Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Legal Advisor for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen
Looking for a senior lawyer to join our team of high performing lawyers who provide legal advice and support to our UK business unit. The legal team supports the UK business unit in its exploration and production activities from securing licence acreage through to field development, upstream operations and decommissioning. The team works closely with colleagues across a broad range of departments and functions and is responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts to deliver safe reliable operations, transactions, disputes and issues management. The role will involve the provision of legal support and advice in respect of the UK business unit's operated and non-operated activities on the UKCS, as well as providing support to acquisition and divestment projects, including third party disposals.
· Providing timely and practical legal advice to support the UK business unit's operations in the UKCS.
· The proactive identification of legal risks and strategies for mitigating those risks.
· The provision of legal advice regarding on-going operations, existing contracting arrangements and statutory/regulatory obligations.
· Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of agreements including those in respect of licence application and bidding, joint venture arrangements, transportation and processing, proximity and crossing, product marketing and sales and decommissioning security arrangements.
· Supporting the business development team as required in the acquisition and divestment of assets, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, farm in/out agreements and all associated transfer documentation.
· Supporting the supply chain management team as required on the tendering and procurement of goods, services and vessels in relation to the UK business unit's activities.
· Managing disputes arising from the UK business unit's operations with support, as appropriate, from external legal advisors.
· Understanding and implementing the company's Global Code of Conduct, incorporating appropriate ABC requirements in contractual arrangements, maintaining an understanding and observance of competition law and trade sanctions requirements and participating in appropriate ethics & compliance training.
· Working closely and collaboratively with many disciplines across the UK business unit at all levels.
· Interfacing with other oil and gas companies, contracting companies, regulatory authorities and external lawyers.
· Participation in industry forums and working groups as required such as Oil and Gas UK.
· Contribute to and encourage the sharing of knowledge and best practice within the legal and teams and provide training to juniors as required.
· Keeping updated with legal developments in all areas relevant to the UK business unit.
· Any other reasonable duties that may arise through the course of the role and the business needs.
· Managing a varied workload of difficult and often complex issues with competing deadlines.
· Looking for the most effective solution on the best terms for the Company.
· Working with minimal supervision as part of a multi discipline team.
· Graduate degree qualified education or equivalent.
· Qualified to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales or Scotland.
· Experience practising at a senior level as a commercial lawyer, gained in private practice or in-house.
· Solid upstream oil and gas legal experience, including UKCS/North Sea experience.
· A good understanding of business drivers and a commercial approach to risk management.
· Flexible, creative and practical approach to legal problem solving within acceptable legal and risk frameworks.
· Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
· Commitment to team working and collaborating with others, including the open sharing of knowledge, expertise and good practice.
· Ability to network with staff and management and to advise on the legal aspects of operations and transactions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in clearly explaining legal concepts and issues to non-lawyers.
· Adaptive to changes in work practices and job activities.
· Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment.
· Commitment to helping promote and maintain a safe workplace.