Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: closing date 21st February
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Raeburn Recruitment are assisting our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, with a requirement for a Senior Legal Advisor. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation on a permanent basis in Aberdeen.
As Senior Legal Advisor, you will be joining a team of high performing lawyers who provide legal advice and support. Your duties will include:
- Securing licence acreage through to field development, upstream operations and decommissioning
- Providing timely and practical legal advice to support business operations in the UKCS
- Proactive identification of legal risks and strategies for mitigating those risks
- Provision of legal advice regarding on-going operations, existing contracting arrangements and statutory/regulatory obligations
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of agreements including licence application and bidding, joint venture arrangements, transportation and processing, proximity and crossing, product marketing and sales and decommissioning security arrangements
- Interfacing with other oil and gas companies, contracting companies, regulatory authorities and external lawyers
- Keeping updated with legal developments in all areas relevant to the business
To be considered for the Senior Legal Advisor opportunity, you should be able to demonstrate
- Experience practising at a senior level as a commercial lawyer, gained in private practice or in-house
- Solid upstream oil and gas legal experience, including UKCS/North Sea experience
- Flexible, creative and practical approach to legal problem solving within acceptable legal and risk frameworks
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in clearly explaining legal concepts and issues to non-lawyers
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.