- To ensure a safe, reliable and optimized production which supports all SMEP Sarawak offshore operated production facilities and assets.
Specific Tasks and Targets:
- Support the Technical Authority Level 2 (TA2) Rotating Mechanical Equipment (Operate Phase) with the assurance of the following safety critical element (SCE) groups:
- IC001 Hazardous Area Ventilation (Rotating Equipment applicable portions)
IC008 Miscellaneous Ignition Control Components (Rotating Equipment applicable portions)
PC003 Rotating Equipment
PS004 Firewater Pumps
- Review or prepare technical Plant Change Proposals (PCP) for both temporary and permanent changes to a high degree of quality and accuracy. Gather input from other disciplines, present to approval panels and manage the change from initiation through to execution and close out.
- Lead the single barrier 'mini' Hardware Barrier Assessments, produce a report for each using the Current Status Reporting (CSR) formats and track actions to closure.
- Ability to attain or accept the Responsible TA3 (RTA3) or Accountable TA3 (ATA3) for control points in the Asset Control and Assurance List (ACAL) in accordance with the requirements of the Discipline Control and Assurance Framework (DCAF).
- Participate in Annual Facilities Reviews (AFR) and periodic asset HAZOPs. Ensure that actions assigned to the department are completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Lead and / or participate in incident investigations.
- Provide front-line and troubleshooting support on day-to-day operational issues for the equipment types stated above.
- Perform maintenance tasks in-house with minimal support from OEM for equipment types stated above.
- Participate in hub Turnaround campaigns, and lead the Flawless Start-up team for Rotating Equipment Group.
- Lead inspection and acceptance testing activities at asset sites, fabrication yards or vendor manufacturing facilities for new, repaired or refurbished equipment, as required or deemed appropriate.
- Good knowledge of condition and process based monitoring (CPBM).
- Attend Manage Threats and Opportunities (MTO) meetings to identify and analyse the causes of unscheduled deferment of production. Own the actions and ensure closure in the agreed timeframe.
- Lead the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) sessions to determine the physical and latent causes of equipment failure. Ensure that actions assigned to the department are completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Provide information requested by internal or external (PETRONAS) auditors and ensure that assigned actions resulting from such audits are completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Make periodic visits to SMEP production facilities; engage with operations staff to gain a deeper understanding of technical issues and where more support is needed.
- Maintain close links with respective discipline skillpool and attend periodic skillpool meetings
- Provide Engineering support for WRFM initiatives.
- Act as Contract Holder for assigned rotating equipment contracts, working closely with Contracts & Procurements to ensure contracts are in place and participating in Contractor Review Meetings where needed.
- Provide operability and feedback on the design of new projects as appropriate.
- Support Maintenance Projects, Portfolios Projects or other projects as required.
- Display respectful and inclusive behaviour.
- Participate in internal and external networks as required.
- Support Business Plan input drafting as appropriate, identify business improvement opportunities as appropriate.
- Provide coaching for JG5 and Graduates under the same team.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- The incumbent requires at least 8 years' experience in the upstream oil and gas business with at least 5 years' experience in mechanical rotating equipment maintenance with the expectation of having performed equipment repair and overhauls, change-outs and alignment.
- Demonstrable competence as a practising mechanical rotating equipment engineer, with a minimum of a bachelor degree qualification and Chartered status membership or equivalent of a recognized national or international professional mechanical engineering body or institution.
- Good understanding of mechanical rotating equipment engineering design, selection and maintenance requirements.
- Good working knowledge of process engineering, process controls, electrical, and MCI (materials, corrosion and inspection), with respect to upstream oil and gas rotating equipment applications. Knowledge of reliability techniques (RCA methodologies, RCM tools etc.) is also advantageous.
- Good understanding of risks and ALARP principles. Demonstratable ability to perform risk assessments.
- Strong communication (English) and interpersonal skills, leadership and the ability to influence others. Able to write concise technical reports, specifications and procedures or edit/review those prepared by others.
- Computer literate and skilled in the use of business software applications such as Microsoft Office, SAP and PI. Ability to use technical software such as Woodward GAP, Woodward Control Assistant, RS Logix 5000 and Bentley Nevada System 1 would be an advantage.
- Willing and medically fit to travel to and from, and stay at remote locations (i.e. offshore platforms, construction barges, work boats etc.) for periods exceeding 14 days on an as-required basis, travelling by helicopter or crew boat
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.