Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
What's the role?
This role will act as the Project Engineer (FEDM); Business Opportunity Manager (BOM) and/or Project Manager (PM) throughout the development and execution of capital projects across the Americas region of the Lubricants Supply Chain. This position will be based at the Shell Woodcreek office in Houston, Texas, USA and is accountable for supporting the development and delivery of the assigned project(s). Depending on the projects travel across the USA and Canada will be required to support the design and construction aspects of various projects.
Manage assigned all or portions of the project between conceptual design, through detailed engineering, construction and into commissioning. Adhere to Shell HSSE standards, Opportunity realization standards (ORS), Shell PMF, Lubricants PMS, and deliver within budget, schedule and quality requirements. Lead the team, managing delivery via contractors, covering safety, cost, schedule and quality in the implementation of the project.
- Responsible for end to end visible leadership including HSSE, timing, budget and quality.
- Responsible for compliance to ORS, Shell Project Management Framework, Lubricants Project Management System and to drive the 8 principle principles.
- Where applicable act as contract holder for one or more contracts and accountable for the safe and top quartile delivery.
- Focus on interface management, interface controls and follow-up.
- Encouraging a co-operative attitude and maintain a close working relationship between the resident team and those of the Contractor to maintain appropriate degree of control such that the responsibilities and liabilities under the contract are maintained.
- Responsible for project controls and ensures that the key stakeholders (decision executive, Decision review boards, etc ...) are kept informed of the progress of the work and highlighting significant deviations from plans and providing proposals for remedial actions.
- Make appropriate use of the expertise of Shell and through the appropriate Service Contracts to ensure that the project quality and technical integrity requirements are met.
- Report / Intervene any unsafe behavior or unsafe operating condition observed while working in the plant/construction site(s).
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience (Technical grounding in project engineering or typical discipline/ Development/Process/other engineering roles).
- Excellent Organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic working environment
- Strong Communication skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video