Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Under broad direction, independently applies advanced geological interpretation techniques, makes decisions on geological and fundamental engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions, or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
- Executes all the duties and responsibilities of an Field Prof-SDL-Geo, II, yet is also responsible for supervising the work of subordinates.
- Responsible for the success of all phases of assigned well site monitoring jobs, therefore sets performance standards for the crew.
- Gathers accurate and factual logging information (Depth, Gas Units and Composition, Rate of Penetration, Lag Time, Pressure detection data, etc.).
- Interprets logging information to determine occurrence and composition of any oil and/or gas shows which occur while drilling.
- Analyses and documents according to SDL zone of interest and/or show reports.
- Provides lithological descriptions of all formations drilled and identify formation name, group, or member.
- Assembles mud logging information into mud logs and drilling database following established SDL and/or customer guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates mud logging information to customers as necessary to fulfill their requirements (morning report, show notification, engineering problems, delivery of mud logs).
- Performs any specialized tests or gathers any additional data as required by the customer.
- Performs safe, neat professional rig-up and tear-down when needed.
- Ensure smooth transitions at crew changes and shift changes.
- Completes training appointments as necessary to obtain safety, offshore, or other operations, or customer specific certificates in order to be able to go the designated rig site(s).
- Skills acquired through the completion of an under graduate degree in Geology and displays relevant field experience, and completion of on the job development activities to acquire and demonstrate full competence in the job tasks as detailed in the competency system.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards required.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
- Ability to perform quality work under moderate to critical conditions with no direct supervision.
- This role is highly experienced and, due to the very critical nature of wells assigned, customer satisfaction is extremely important.
- Failure to deliver requisite data will likely be serious and expensive and can lead to bad customer relations varying in degree from slight dissatisfaction to very significant losses of future sales.
- This is a field position.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 83745
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.