The Reservoir Development Performance Engineer is responsible for providing analysis and insights to BP North Sea production both for performance management and financial reporting. The engineer will work with the region's area reservoir development teams and central performance finance teams. The role is highly visible and offers a broadening experience to gain insight in production, reservoir management and strategy across BP Upstream portfolio, as well as frequent exposure to senior leadership in the North Sea and the Reservoir Development Function.
The successful person will also be responsible for leading the modernization and integration of performance management and visualisation tools across the North Sea.
The successful candidate will report to the Reservoir Development Performance Team Leader within the North Sea.
Success in the role depends on drive, attention to detail, effective communication, an ability to handle large datasets and derive insights and identify and progress new sources of value.Key Accountabilities
- Provide production analysis for North Sea leadership team and financial reporting and provide insight to Regional Leadership Team
- Provide analysis of Reservoir Development data for Reservoir Development performance management.
- Provide insights & prepare data for regular cadence performance meetings and track against annual plan (GFOzero).
- Streamline data collection and sources. Simplify reporting process and identify new tools or systems to progress digitisation.
- Work with GWO/GOO/GPO to ensure alignment of data and interpretations
- Generate analysis and insights on long term planning and long term production forecast
- Lead RD functional risk reporting
BSc or MSc in Engineering or GeoscienceEssential Experience and Job Requirements
- BP or oil industry experience
- Good knowledge and experience within Reservoir Development, both engineering and geoscience candidates are considered
- Excellent communication skills in both written/oral English and graphics
- Working knowledge of base management and GOO metrics, statistical methods and data analysis
- Track history of building consensus, engaging stakeholders, influencing others, and leading discussions
- Ability to deliver in fast-pace environments and to tight deadlines
- Experience with Spotfire, Power BI and/or other database development/ visualisation
- Willingness to learn new digital skills and champion data visualisation