Our Client is looking for an Estimator, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
- To successfully manage all financial aspects of a project pre and post contract.
- Offering support to the Quantity Surveyors in delivering services against set performance indicators by minimizing cost and enhancing value for money. The role will involve aspects of pricing small works / maintenance as well as surveying of works, supporting operations ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, tracking of jobs and effective client relations
- Liaise with clients and develop cost plans and estimates in line with their requirements.
- To ensure compliance with the Company Standards of Service, Management Systems and to meet the requirements of the company business plan(s).
- Estimating for civil engineering projects
- Typing and sending out enquiry letters and enclosures
- Contacting sub-contractors and suppliers for quotations
- Checking submitted documents
- Developing subcontractor database
- Delivering tenders
- Document control - filing, archiving and logging
- Take-off quantities from tender drawings
- Preparing bills of quantities
- Developing and maintaining cost databases
- Maintaining record of tender perfromances
- Preparing CVR Reports
- Photocopying bills of quantities/spec documents and drawings
- Working to strict timescales in order to adhere to tender submission deadlines
- Maintain awareness of the various civil engineering contracts in current use.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Maintain Document logs and registers.
- Liaise with contract staff, suppliers and clients
- Implement and maintain company procedures and contract administrative systems
- Use a variety of software packages including EasyEarthworks, Excel, Word, Project, Constructa and Cost X
- Preparation and planning
- Agree goals/objectives
- Continual review of performance and improvement
- Focus on performance
- Discipline and control
- Resource Management
- Conflict Management
- Improve performance through teamwork