Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer (Equipment Certification), on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
Our Client is recruiting for an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer to join its Equipment Certification department on a permanent basis.
The Equipment Certification Team provides design appraisal services for Subsea production systems, Well control & Containment equipment, Offshore containers and skids for a wide range of clients in the Offshore and Onshore Oil and Gas industry.
- Carry out thorough review of design documents (e.g. detail drawings, design calculations, FEA reports) and material specifications to ensure compliance to the applicable standards.
- Identify and check the safety critical aspects of the design in line with the applicable design standards or codes by running independent design calculations and/or finite element analysis through use of engineering software (e.g. MathCAD, ANSYS).
- Prepare certification documents and provide clear and concise technical reports to clients in line with company reporting guidelines.
- Communicate with our various clients via email/phone and in person to ensure both parties requirements are understood.
- Preparing quotations for certification scopes when requested by potential clients. Maintaining and developing client relationships and ensuring client's certification requirements are understood and met.
- Carrying out large certification scopes such as Type Approval certification, which takes into account all crucial aspects of a client's product and associated procedures/processes - including their design, fabrication/manufacturing processes, testing processes and quality systems.
- Act as technical focal point for client queries and internal queries from junior engineer
- BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering or Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Previous relevant industry experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of sound engineering practices
- Ability to identify and analyse key aspects of a client's design based on doc packs provided by client (i.e. detail drawings, material specs, and design specifications).
- Proficient in ANSYS, MathCAD or equivalent engineering software
- Good level of IT skills and Microsoft Office applications
- Good level of technical report writing skills
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with both internal departments and external clients
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of industry standards typically used in oil and gas industry
- Good level of general knowledge of equipment and processes used in oil and gas industry
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in use Staadpro software for structural analysis
- Appreciation of relevant offshore safety case regulation
- Awareness of offshore industry codes and standards such as API 6A, API 17D, API 17G & API 5CT