Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Overall Objectives and Job Scope
Drives the overall delivery of the Company's and Functional business objectives, whilst reviewing and implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards. Responsible for the direct supervision of the project activities undertaken as part of the Scope of Work and for maintaining the project schedule.
The main duties associated with the role, include but are not limited to:
1. Establish close working relationships with the Operations Manager, Project Managers and support staff to ensure the efficient execution of assigned projects and strengthened through regular project progress meetings
2. Manage the liaison with Client Representatives, Certifying Authorities and supervision of sub-contractor activities
3. Maintain regular contact with existing and potential customers and establish close working relationships with them in order to promote the Company's interest
4. Ensure that project activities meet the requirements as stipulated by the client, achieved through regular client meetings
5. Manage the administration and logistics matters on the project, by collaborating with finance, logistics and administration personnel as required
6. Ensure that the project schedules are maintained and operated within budget
7. Provide 'Peer Review' advise, mentoring and leadership of less experienced engineers to help them in engineering decisions across all relevant projects
8. Provide technical expertise within the project teams
9. Carry out engineering design and report writing
10. Prepare and review technical reports and procedures
11. Prepare project briefings, dive plans, task plans and lift plans
12. Procure materials and services to suit project specifications and contracting principles,
including seeking support from the Buyer
13. Assist Project Manager in order to optimise the operational gross margin and control
14. Collaborate with the Dive Systems Manager and Workshop Manager to ensure the
provision of sufficient plant and equipment to maintain the project schedule at optimum
15. Provide ad-hoc tours of the project work sites to ensure that Client and Company
requirements are being met with regard to SHEQ
16. Provide direction, supervision and support to all staff to ensure optimum operational
efficiency and to encourage the continuous improvement philosophy throughout the
17. Any other task within your capabilities as reasonably requested by the Company
QHSE/ Emergency Response
All Employees may be required to participate in emergency response if required.
Requirements for the position
Proven project engineering experience in the marine engineering industry
Qualified to HND/Degree level in a suitable engineering discipline
Experience in preparing and utilising planning, scheduling and costing tools
Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
Excellent Time Management skills and ability to prioritise to achieve deadlines
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.