Skills: Subsea Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR POTENTIAL TEMPORARY AND FULL TIME POSITIONS!
JOB SUMMARY: Perform the maintenance and repair of all subsea-related systems. Coordinate the installation of blow out prevention (BOP) equipment with the drilling department under the direction of the Subsea Supervisor. Maintain an accurate condition evaluation of blow out prevention equipment, heave compensating and other related subsea equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or educational equivalent from an accredited technical school or comparable military experience
- 5 years in a Subsea role with three years MUX (electro hydraulic subsea systems) experience
- Working knowledge of technical calculation required for subsea operation
- Read and decipher drawings, electro hydraulic circuit diagrams for competent evaluations of troubleshooting techniques
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to positions (i.e. basic desktop applications, project planning software, and computer based maintenance system)
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience on 6th generation Semi-Submersible or Drillship considered an asset
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Must be authorized to work in the USA, Gulf of Mexico
- Offshore training required:
- BOSIET / HUET
- Rig Pass / Safe Gulf
- Supervisor Well Control Certification (IWCF)
- Perform all daily control/maintenance of well control equipment: BOP, MUX control system, riser, slip joint, riser tensioning system, kill/choke manifold, compensating equipment and all other associated well control equipment
- Professional knowledge of hydraulic, electric IT components and configurations for subsea BOP equipment
- Demonstrate proficient technical understanding of engineering and industry standards and the Company management system
- Prepares BOP, riser and riser tensioning configurations for acceptance by Supervisor
- Carry out the deployment, pressure testing and maintenance of BOP under the direction of the Sub Sea Supervisor
- Assist in running and testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies
- In conjunction with the drilling department, ensure that accurate well specific space put measurements are taken, verified and submitted to the Sub Sea Supervisor
- Assist in the development, operation and recover of the riser and tensioning system in accordance with well specific operating guidelines and engineering riser analysis
- Maintain accurate records of the maintenance history of all subsea equipment in the company maintenance management system and coordinate planning and implementation
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown to Sub Sea Supervisor and other department heads onboard
- Assist in the development and compilation of comprehensive subsea procedures and checklists
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Other duties as assigned
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position SUBSEA ENGINEER - GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: