Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Reports to: Driller
Work under the direction of the Driller as necessary to support on-going rig operations. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Operate/Monitor derrick equipment and mud systems under the direction of the Driller. Perform general derrick, shaker area and pump room house-keeping duties and material preservation activities under the supervision of the Driller.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ year experience as Floorhand on an installation fitted with similar equipment.
- Offshore Courses considered an Asset: Basic Survival Training (BST), H2S Alive, WHMIS 2015, Offshore Well Control Level 2, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry,Emergency First Aid)
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Driller during drilling, work over and completion operations.
- Ensure that safety regulations are adhered to when working at heights.
- Ensure all operations are proceeding in a safe manner in accordance with safety policies and procedures. Responsible for correcting and/or notifying responsible person of any unsafe acts or conditions which exist.
- Handle drill pipe or tubing when it is being hoisted out or lowered into the hole.
- Apprise the Driller of mud condition and pumping equipment conditions.
- Other duties as required
Maintenance and Repair
- Maintain a clean and orderly pump room and pit room.
- Apply Preventative Maintenance Program for crown block, traveling block and all other derrick equipment.
- Perform general duties around the pit and pump rooms which may include but not limited to the following: perform housekeeping rig as required, such as keeping the pit and pump rooms clean and clear of all tools and unnecessary equipment; keep BOPs washed down; keep shale shaker and de-sander clean when in use and perform necessary maintenance on the shale shaker and mud pumps.
- Become familiar with blowout and shut-in procedures.
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position Derrickman Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NS
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: