The Senior Products Market Risk Analyst is responsible for ensuring that day to day risk management activities surrounding the SIETCO T&S Products organization are executed in a controlled and professional manner including:
- Ensuring all trading activities remain within mandated exposure and risk limits.
- Ensuring all exposures are properly recorded using established fair value methodologies.
- Ensuring a daily commentary is produced analyzing daily/monthly P&L performance.
The role is expected to have Market Risk oversight over the T&S Products businesses, specifically in ensuring there is appropriate control and understanding on the identification, valuation and exposure reporting for the various Products Trading desks, and where required, provide event-specific additional monitoring (e.g. IMO 2020), or act as a Focal point for a major Market Risk initiative (e.g. Quant Portal focal point).
Working closely with the Credit and Enterprise Risk teams to ensure trading risks and returns are fully understood, captured and challenged where necessary. This will also include longer term risks, inherent in contracts such as, but not limited to, storage, pipelines, time-charters.
The role works closely with risk leads for all parts of the risk management spectrum including a significant Shell Business Operations component. The incumbent is tasked with ensuring that the SIETCO T&S Products business is widely understood and that any changes to it or the supporting risk management framework are communicated properly to all stakeholders.In other words, the Role entails:
- Risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, valuation parameters, and instrument types for Products
- Develop and apply fair economic value principles across the Products business, includes providing modeling support and coordinating across the Global Products teams to ensure consistent application.
- Become a systems and data expert ensuring that knowledge around market risk reference data & forward curve construction is well documented for the benefit of the wider Market Risk team.
- Provide review and comments on new and group business proposals.
- Assess the risks associated with structured deals and the valuation models used for physical/financial trading and hedging, at times building out models to calibrate performance of such deals.
- Assist in limit setting & monitoring of SIETCO Products business, but equally play a key role in limit setting across the Global Products business
- Develop tools for on-going portfolio reviews and produce "deep dive" analysis for senior management
- Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VaR back-testing / Stress Testing / Scenario Analysis / pricing for liquidity
- Ensures that all exposures generated are fully understood and that these exposures and resultant P&L are properly evaluated, validated and analyzed prior to any income being reported.
- Collaborate with IT and other staff to identify, develop and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for risk books
- User testing of systems functionality and enhancements while providing feedback to key stakeholders
- This role will provide risk management expertise in complex areas
- Support the review and execution of SOX controls
- Partner with and provide support to other Products Market Risk Teams
- Provide input for the quarterly Global Products Risk Committee meetings
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements What we look for:
- 5-10 years of experience with bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Engineering or IT
- Strong business analysis skills, modelling capabilities, research and problem-solving skills, computer skills, technologically oriented
- Self-starter, highly motivated, results oriented, manage own work with limited supervision
- Team player, good interpersonal skills flexible to work across numerous time zones with both Market Risk teams in other locations, but equally the Shell Business Operations Centre in India.
- Reliable and dependable
- Innovative and creative, excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Continuous improvement mindset, utilizing tools to streamline and automate tasks
- Understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls an advantage
- Awareness of trading influences, deal structures and types, interpreting positions, P&L, market to market, trading reporting regulations, financial and management reporting, position reporting, and financial analysis
- Capable of being independent from front office; able to objectively analyze and report risks and exposures
- This is a role for a person who brings diversity of thought, who is not afraid to speak up and who is comfortable challenging senior stakeholders.
- Experience energy trading risk management systems an advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.