Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Our Client, is currently seeking a Contracts Administrator for a 1 year renewable contract in Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Support the administration of complex construction purchase orders and contracts on site. Daily interface required with vendors/contractors.
- General contract administration including maintaining confidential records and creating, maintaining and filing of reports, correspondence, statistics and related material for ease of retrieval.
- Advise team of contractual rights and obligations and the means to mitigate contractor risks.
- Capture, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Chairing/attending and minuting weekly project meetings providing updates and reports to project management in the absence of a contract lead, when required.
- Understanding the terms and conditions of executed contracts in order to verify/process change orders.
- Liaising with the CM and other staff to obtain information/input to support the contract administration and change order process.
- Raising Purchase Orders and Change Orders in SAP, obtaining signatures, distribution and filing for all site contracts to support the contract leads.
- Support in the preparation of request for proposal (RFP) documents associated with the execution of a power project. Managing the RFP process and correspondence with contractors and service providers.
- Obtaining information for contracts report preparation and ensuring the reporting activities demonstrate compliance with corporate contracting policies, goals, and objectives.
- Support reviewing of site LEMs and service invoices in support of invoice attestation.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 8-10 years of industry experience related to contracts administration, preferably in a project site-based environment;
- Proficient with SAP and MS Office;
- General knowledge of business law and legal ramifications with respect to contracts and procurement requirements;
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts as well as adapting to new and challenging situations;
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with changing priorities;
- The following will be considered assets:
- Post-Secondary Degree;
- Power industry experience;
- SCMP/CPSM designation(s).
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.