Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Sales Representative has outside sales responsibility to develop strong professional working relationships with assigned client base. They are to collect and use data and information to understand business opportunities with their assigned clients. Interview and communicate with the clients to qualify leads, generate quotation and present sales material and close sales for the Petroleum Services division. Must maintain contact with the client in order to insure all information and data required to start a job is obtained in a timely fashion and all client requirements are met. Will secure and provide billing information and help with collection and management of overdue invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Make Routine sales contacts in client offices
- Prepare and present detailed technical proposals and quotations for PS services
- Establish, develop, and maintain professional relationships with assigned client base
- Be available by phone during normal work hours and be available cell phone outside of normal work hours.
- May be assigned out of town clients requiring travel
- Relentless pursuit of whatever information is needed for all jobs to provide the customers with the best possible value.
- Prepare and submit weekly contact reports and Quarterly or Annual Reviews as required.
- Keep Sales Manager and upper Management informed of competitive sales techniques, products, and services.
- Consult with clients to assist in job planning, and offer technical advice and solutions where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of new innovations in the industry through active participation in professional societies and ongoing educational opportunities.
- Initiate and coordinate communications with other CL divisions, including trade shows, and conventions.
- Other duties, tasks, or projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in a Science strongly preferred (Geology, Chemistry or Physics preferred) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of three years' experience in upstream oil and gas exploration and development and/or core analysis or related analytical services.
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to using Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and have an enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both client and company personnel.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical bid requests, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write technical bids and related correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and drive. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.