Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Driller
Other Skills: minimum one year as a Driller in deepwater operations
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Drilling Simulator Instructor will be responsible for conducting Driller and Supervisor Level Well Control training as well as Enhanced Simulated Well Control training on a cyber-based drilling simulator. The instructor will be responsible for developing and conducting other simulated drilling practices, such as Drilling a Well on Simulator (DWOS), pipe handling and other drill floor equipment courses.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain course curriculums
- Maintain Well Control Training Center accreditation (IADC and IWCF)
- Assist in developing the Company as a learning organization
- Provide advice on training policies, practices and procedures
- Assist in developing training and competence solutions, as required
- Other as directed by Sr. Manager - Corporate Training & Competency
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or equivalent experience is preferred
- IADC or IWCF Supervisor level Well Control Certification
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Deepwater Cyber Driller
Skills and Experience
- Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures within the training and employee development fields
- Must be able to multi-task and change direction frequently depending on directives from the internal customer
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- The ability to prioritize and manage workload, responding to requests in a timely manner
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- The work environment characteristics are consistent with office and training facilities located in a technical field such as the oil and gas industry. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Valaris was created by the combination of two leading offshore drillers with decades of experience and knowledge to create the most capable, effective and highest performing offshore drilling service company in the world. We provide drilling services across all water depths with unmatched scale, geographic presence and customer relationships.
Our diverse rig fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships, versatile semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is capable of meeting a wide spectrum of customers’ well program requirements. Our rig fleet is among the most technologically advanced in the industry and our well-trained crews perform at the highest levels in the most challenging offshore environments.
Our customers include many of the largest offshore exploration and production companies including major integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With an unwavering focus on safety and dedicated offshore and onshore employees, we provide innovative solutions and aim to deliver excellence to customers in everything that we do.