Skills: Marketing, Sales
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Accountable for business development, selling, contract negotiation and managing the sales relationship with customers throughout the Middle East and Africa, with the main focus being Africa. This includes identifying all available market opportunities in a timely and accurate manner, monitoring sales and administering contracts within Valaris' policy on liability and risk. Position should also be able to analyze current market and Valaris' competitive position and recommend the deployment of the company's asset portfolio in terms of backlog, client profile, rate of return, geographic distribution and type of activity. Target performance is to exceed industry averages in rig utilization and day rate.
Minimum of five years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity (ideally with an international drilling contractor). Experience in direct sales and/or managing the function is mandatory.
Education, Training, Licenses and Certifications
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Marketing, Business Administration or other core business disciplines (or equivalent) required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses market data and analytics to recommend marketing strategy of company assets and services.
- Addresses all available market opportunities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Delivers sales at or above the industry average utilization and day rate.
- Negotiates contracts consistent with Valaris' policy on liability and risk.
- Maintains existing customer relationships with a consistent professional presence.
- Works closely with Contracts and Bid Team in bid preparation.
- Works with Treasury to qualify customer's credit-worthiness and likelihood of paying.
- Develops accurate local market intelligence and communicate to corporate marketing.
- Accurately reflects the current Business Unit market and Valaris' position in it: economics, competitive position (including pricing, assets, services), customer needs.
- Develops and maintains a broad and rich network of ethical strategic customer relationships at all levels to position Ensco to be considered for all appropriate business opportunities.
- Develops and maintains broad and ethical relationships with our competition.
- Provides input to Corporate Marketing to support / enhance the global marketing model.
- Recommends Business Unit geographic marketing.
- Ensures completion of projects and tasks as necessary.
- Travel is estimated at 50% but will vary depending on business needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for all Valaris positions
- Commitment to Valaris' high standard of safety and willing and able to comply with all safety laws, as well as Valaris' safety policies standards and procedures
- Able to display commitment to Valaris' safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Must comply with all Valaris policies and procedures
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must have excellent team-working and organizational skills
- Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Communicate effectively and reports transparently all customer interaction
- Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance
- Available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as determined necessary to meet business needs.
- PC proficiency required - competency with Microsoft Office Software
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.