Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an External Relations Advisor (Social Performance and Indigenous Peoples Policy) for a 6 month contract in Calgary, AB.
The candidate will be based in Calgary, in a corporate role supporting the Social Performance and Social Investment team. The focus will be on leading the implementation team on our Indigenous Peoples Strategy, and liaising closely with our two external corporate sponsorships. The individual will bring a strategic mindset to ensuring our functional organization and business partners are leading on embedding cultural awareness and Indigenous partners into business activities and projects. The successful candidate will be able to provide assurance on our business impacts on communities, both mitigating potential risks and enhancing shared value and community benefit.
The following activities are in scope:
• Coordinate the Canadian Indigenous Peoples Strategy (CIPS) implementation team
• Provide social performance guidance, compliance and assurance to External Relations business teams • Able to identify social impacts and propose mitigation strategies
• Learn of the social investment programs offered and follow the due diligence requirements
• Experience working with Indigenous communities
• Advise on local content strategies and coordinate quarterly reporting for Canada
• Experience developing strategies; experience negotiating and formalizing agreements
• Able to frame social risks and opportunities
• Support Indigenous entrepreneur pilot program
• Participate and advocate with industry association forums and bring the outside perspective back into strategies and reputation plan
• Demonstrated experience developing communications materials (advertising, stories, case studies, issue briefs, key messages)
• Assess relevance and value of conference participation, sponsorships and speaking engagements
• Refresh the Disaster Relief Recovery Plan and provide input into the 3-year social investment strategy development
• Experience in building relationships with external organizations that complement community capacity-building and build reputation
• Potential to co-facilitate Indigenous cultural awareness training (depending on skills/experience).
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.