Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Where you fit?
ew Energies is at the heart of delivering Shell's purpose to power progress together by providing more and cleaner energy solutions to the world. We are exploring emerging opportunities globally and investing in those where we believe sufficient commercial value is available. We focus on new fuels for transport, such as advanced biofuels, hydrogen and charging for battery-electric vehicles; and power, which includes low-carbon sources such as wind, solar and natural gas.
As Finance Advisor - New Energies, you will be collaborating with the New Energies Commercial teams to help evaluate new opportunities, identifying risks and finding solutions to mitigate them. Given the broad range of opportunities in the New Energies space, as the finance advisor you will provide holistic corporate finance and structuring advice on acquisitions, investments, JV agreements, tenders, contracts and capex projects amongst others.
What's the role?
As the Finance Lead, you will be responsible for working with other finance support teams including tax, treasury, accounting, reporting, and credit and market risk. Additionally, you will combine your talent for problem solving with your knowledge of commercial drivers, so that you can challenge strategic rationale and integrate important financial analytics and insights into business decision-making.
More specific duties include:
- Understanding drivers and doing the diligence to derive the valuation of opportunities.
- Ensuring value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision-making and in performance management.
- Supporting a proper functioning control framework and making sure risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of Centres of Excellence above pre-agreed thresholds.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place.
- Maximise use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes.
- Help commercial teams to actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value adding Finance activity ("demand management")
With responsibility for such a wide range of activities, this is a role where you can expect to access every opportunity to broaden your commercial skills and further develop your financial expertise.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you:
The Finance Advisor - New Energies will demonstrate:
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function.
- Broad experience with different facets with Finance.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties, building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
- Ability to decide when to involve Centres of Excellence and effectively play the independent Finance role.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigour is applied to commercial decision-making process, and risk management, as well as bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Project management skills and flexibility to support across multiple activities/assets.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video