Skills: Marine Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Responsible for managing an indirect sales team and external distributors and key accounts (ambassadors) to achieve all sales objectives vs. plan by maintaining and growing sales of products and services in assigned territories through distribution channels, as well as assisting in the development and implementation of short and long-term growth strategies and account retention programs for key accounts.
The role implements the indirect strategy set by the Global Indirect Channel team, leveraging the processes and procedures set out for the indirect channel. A strong emphasis is made on partnering with the right distributors and developing the right capabilities to ensure that we have the right distributor footprint to execute on our growth aspirations and strategy for the indirect channel.
Location: The preferred location for this role is Houston, TX but consideration will be given to all applicants who reside within US-based markets in which BP/Castrol operates.
- Plans and manages delivery of indirect sales activities through robust Joint Business Plans, driving business to maximize profitable growth of brands with a focus on premium products and services, and sharing best practice across the teams.
- Actively tracks, contacts and develops existing and potential accounts, and develops world-class partnerships and relationships with large customers and distributors to maximize value for all parties.
- Takes responsibility for the management and growth of distributors' volume, and influences the indirect sales team and distributors to achieve optimal coverage of the geographic sales region through the global distributor offer (sell-in), systems and programs - eg Turfview, Castrol Community, Ambassador Club, the Distributor Incentive Program and Academy.
- Manages a team to achieve planned financial performance for the region, providing effective leadership, direction, coaching and mentoring to improve team capabilities. This includes attending coaching days where quarterly 1-2-1 customer visits are conducted with each Distributor Account Manager.
- Sales coaching and mentoring is intended to grow sales capabilities to the benefit of the Distributor Account Managers and the business. Conduct monthly sales coaching sessions with Distributor Account Managers to promote excellence and consistency in Value Selling, Prospecting, Negotiating and SmartGains following the coaching best practices outlines by the GME Indirect Centre of Excellence team.
- Ensure voice of customer is recognized and is integral in the design of our offers and champion the delivery of an excellent customer experience to underpin loyalty and value creation.
- Drive continuous improvement in the delivery and quality of the 24-month sales rolling forecast including the management of the Vulnerabilities & Opportunities pipeline for prospecting.
- As a leader in GME, actively contribute to the development and execution of the business strategy and plan, with specific emphasis upon:
- Delivery of strategic priorities o Delivery of the GME annual plan
- Creating a "winning" culture based upon high levels of inclusion and engagement.
- At a country level, the role is responsible for engaging with other lubricants business and functional stakeholders to ensure appropriate representation for the GME OU
Educational & Experience Requirements:
Minimum bachelor's level qualification
Experience (depth and nature)
- Ability to develop, maintain and build new relationships with customers, OEMs and Industry bodies.
- Leverages resources and own networks to achieve goals and objectives
- Understanding of shipping, oil & gas market and global dynamics, trends, regulatory environment desirable
- Experience of managing team across a large geographic footprint, with diverse businesses is a must. Wider general management and cross cultural experience would be a significant benefit
Position can be based in Americas. Most Major cities across Americas where GME has material indirect business portfolio. Grade GResponsible for developing and implementing the Account strategy to achieve the short/long term business objectives, managing the daily selling job and taking accountability for the top line KPIs and the implementation of major sales and marketing activities, whilst assisting in hiring, training and coaching to build up a highly motivated, capable and effective team to support sustainable growth. The scope of the role will influence the grade - this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.