Our Client is looking for a Purchase Ledger Supervisor, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
- The purchase Ledger Supervisor has overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Purchase Ledger for both UK and Overseas operations.
- Responsibility for ensuring all invoices are authorised by the correct personnel before posting as approved for payment.
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy of all payment runs and timely payment of supplier invoices.
- Set-up new vendors in Agresso (once relevant form has been received / signed by the HS&E Department.
- Ensure invoices submitted by email are moved to accounts payable mailbox.
- Review/ Approve invoices in Purchase Ledger Audit that are over $5,000.00.
- Run/Review and process payment runs (checking all invoices are recorded to the correct supplier account and all bank details match accordingly).
- Check system for debit balances and contact the suppliers in order to obtain the funds back.
- Ensure month-end deadlines are met in a timely manner, and all relevant reports and completed and distributed.
- Liaise with cash management staff and advise on the various currencies required for bi-weekly cash forecast.
- Responsibility for overseeing coaching and training of staff within the Purchase Ledger department.
- Ongoing review of systems and procedures, and where possible contribute to the development of such systems to maximise efficiency of the Accounts Payable Department and the required interface with the Procurement System etc.
- Any other duties that are required by the Chief Accountant.
- Relevant experience in General Accounts including multi-currency, UK and overseas, Purchase Ledgers
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent attention to Detail