The successful candidate would plan and deliver a seismic data processing project & other geophysics support to asset teams.
Purpose and Accountabilities:
- Deploy appropriate techniques in seismic processing, imaging & migration, velocity modeling.
- Collaborate with Quantitative Interpretation PP and other relevant disciplines.
- Ensure integration of seismic processing results into prospect volumes, risking and static/dynamic reservoir model.
- Integrate non-seismic data as appropriate.
Liaise proactively with assets to identify opportunities for geophysical contributions to the business and mature them to projects.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market. Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future. We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
- Bachelor or above in Geophysics, Electrical Engineer, Physics, Math, Geology
- Minimum of five years of experience; Hands-on skills in shot signal processing, velocity modeling, imaging.
- Experience with Deepwater Brazil is preferred.
- General knowledge on seismic acquisition.
- Basic seismic interpretation skills and understanding of geological concepts.
- Ability to manage projects; Demonstration of drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude, open-mind and a wish to develop skills; Well-developed inter-personal and presentation skills, a good team player who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary project team;
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.