Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Location: Offshore Nova Scotia
Unit: Noble Regina Allen, Jack Up
Start Date: April 24th
Operate rig communication equipment and answers phones. Carry out clerical duties such as filing and typing as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in electrical technology or related field is preferred
- 0-6+ months experience as a Radio Operator with another drilling contractor on a deep-weather vessel
- 1+ years experience as a dispatcher or comparable position
- Advanced computer skills
- Offshore certificates considered an asset: Valid GMDSS License, Weather Observer Training, Basic Survival Training (BST), H2S Alive, WHMIS 2015, Emergency First Aid
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Must be able to work without constant supervision
- Must have basic safety knowledge
- Must be able to use a calculator to accurately add, subtract, multiply or divide
- Establishes and coordinates all radio communications
- Receives and transmits radio communication messages in accordance with applicable regulations as well as Noble's policies
- Performs and coordinates isolation of radio transmissions during radio silence for the use of explosive devices
- Maintains listening watch on the marine and aeronautical band emergency channels and responds to distress and
- emergency calls. Informs and takes direction from the Master/Rig Superintendent on what assistance can be offered
- Maintains the communications equipment and navigational aids
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of maritime and aeronautical related communications procedures and regulations
- 2. Performs all duties in accordance with the Permit to Work System
- Acts as a member of the operations team in the event of a fire or other emergency
- Participates in meetings and drills as a member of emergency team
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Nova Scotia will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Radio Operator - NS Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NS
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: