Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 11 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
We are currently recruiting an HSE Supervisor (Construction) for our activities in Iraq to provide additional client side HSE leadership, monitoring and support to all construction activities in accordance with relevant safety regulations, policies, standards and best practices, thereby assisting the safety of all personnel, contractors, company assets and the environment.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Closely monitor and observe onshore crews at work, intervene and coach when unsafe acts or conditions are observed (stimulate discussions on job risk awareness and risk controls)
- Liaise effectively with contractor and third party contractors including Contractor's HSE Coordinator onshore in order to acquire, administer, analyse and report HSE indicators.
- Undertake compliance inspections of contractor HSE safety management system implementation and compliance with the Eni HSE Commitment Statement and Standards;
- Assist in incident investigation, root cause analysis, reporting and administering;
- Assist in developing HSE plans, HSE bridging documents and incident management plans for construction activities;
- Assist in developing Safety Case revision and monitor implementation;
- Monitor and report any regulatory and environment non-compliance with the SCR and EP to the Eni onshore HSE advisor;
- Assist with any NOPSEMA audits on the MODU;
- Monitor HSE risk and hazard management processes on-board the MODU;
- Monitor contractor's HSE management;
- Monitor security arrangements on-board as requested;
- Monitor medical arrangements on-board as requested;
- Provide HSE training as requested (but not competency verification);
- Administer and provide HSE statistics and reports
Cert iV OHS;
- Experience in behavioural safety observation and coaching (3 to 5 years)
- 5-7 Years of experience in HSE construction capacity;
- Certified Lead Auditor;
- Certified TapRoot Incident Investigator or equivalent;
- Emergency Response Planning experience as well as experience in assurance activities;
- Sound knowledge of:
- - Offshore and Onshore HSE Laws / regulations
- - Due Diligence & Permitting,
- - Risk Assessment and root cause analysis
- - HSE Data Management and Reporting
- Successfully pass the required pre-employment medical and/or UKOOA medical;
- Ability to obtain CSTP and MSIC.
- Fluent English speaker
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.