Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Crane Operator
LOCATION: Offshore, Newfoundland
JOB SUMMARY: Work under the direction of the Crane Operator as necessary to support on-going rig operations. Assist in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Assist other personnel as directed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years previous experience as Roustabout considered an asset
- Previous experience drilling on land rig considered an asset
- Preferred previous military, industrial, construction, agricultural experience
- Bridgewatch Certificate considered an asset
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- First Aid
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Rigging Slinging & Banksman
- Offshore Fire Team
- Helideck Team Training
- Regulatory Awareness
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations, banksman and slinging duties
- Carry out lifting operation duties as directed
- Maintain all equipment and perform housekeeping as instructed
- Ensure all tools and equipment are stowed appropriately at the end of each tour to avoid safety hazards for other operations
- Assist in the maintenance of the crane, rig's machinery and equipment using correct tools and following safety procedures
- Provide assistance in the mixing of mud chemicals, pit/tank cleaning, and pump room maintenance
- Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain the unit
- Assist in the care, protection, maintenance and preparation of tubulars on the pipe deck
- Carry out helideck duties as instructed
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Monitor the environmental conditions to ensure the safety of operations on deck
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Roustabout - NL Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: