Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Driller
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
JOB SUMMARY: Operate drill floor equipment, handle tubulars and handling tools on the rigs floor for the purpose of supporting drilling operations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ year experience as Roustabout and/or Experience on Land Rigs
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- Operate and perform first line maintenance on rig floor drilling equipment
- Maintain drilling equipment, tubulars, handling equipment etc as per rig specific procedure
- Examine all safety equipment on the rig floor prior to use ensuring they are in safe operation condition
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Inspect all tools and equipment prior to use ensuring they are in safe operating condition
- Maintain rig floor in a clean and tidy manner
- Actively participate in well control drills as required
- Make certain all loads leaving the rig floor with the crane are slung/rigged correctly and clean
- Assist in maintaining and running the mud processing solids control equipment
- Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain rig floor equipment and structure
- Actively participate in all pre-job plans and meeting for drilling operations
- Obtain training to safely and competently operate hoisting devices for equipment and personnel
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Assist in running and retrieving marine riser BOP
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of Newfoundland and Labador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Roughneck Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: