Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Reports to: Driller
Location: Offshore, Nova Scotia
Unit: Noble Regina Allen, Jack Up
Work under the direction of the Driller as necessary to support on-going rig operations. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Operate rig floor equipment and support systems under the direction of the Driller. Perform general rig floor house-keeping duties and material preservation activities under the supervision of the Driller.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6+ months of prior experience on a Rig.
- Floorhand/Roughneck course or equivalent Experience (26 weeks as a Roustabout on an installation fitted with similar equipment)
- Offshore Certificates are considered an asset
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Driller during drilling, work over and completion operations.
- Ensure the drill floor is kept clean and that all equipment is in its proper place.
- Ensure all operations are proceeding in a safe manner in accordance with safety policies and procedures. Responsible for correcting and/or notifying responsible person of any unsafe acts or conditions which exist.
- When required, work with casing, cementing, logging, and directional crews in performing specialized operations related to down hole operations.
- During tripping operations work assigned duties to include make-up/break-out tong operator, pipe tailer/stabber, back-up tong operator, pull and set slips, make up and break out tool joints, and replace tong dies.
- Other duties as required
- Perform general duties around the rig which may include but not limited to the following:
- Perform housekeeping around the rig as required, such as keeping the rig floor clean and clear of all tools after each trip.
- Keep BOPs washed down.
- Keep shale shaker and de-sander clean when in use.
- Perform necessary maintenance on the shale shaker.
- Keep drawworks and rotary lubricated.
- Become familiar with blowout and shut-in procedures.
- Visually inspect the drill string so as to report wash outs, excessive wear, joint or thread damage.
- May be required to do rig and equipment maintenance such as chipping, scraping, painting, scrubbing, and cleaning.
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Nova Scotia will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Floorhand - NS Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NS
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: