- As a geophysical focal point in Rio, you are expected to
- Evaluate well proposals towards Geohazards, Geophysical Well Positioning and Formation tops uncertainty aspects
- Represent IRM team's views in the partner meetings held in Rio
- Tracking progress of geophysical acquisition and processing projects and communicate progress / concerns to the IRM team
- Evaluate and integrate on-going drilling results and flag issues / concerns to the project team/s
- Organize well after-action reviews
- Establish a productive relationship with operators and partners and pro-actively assist on data requests.
- Application of subsurface DEPs to well placement & monitoring. Experienced in well placement across multiple Santos fields
- Contribute to real-time updates and post-well reviews. Preferable working from knowledge of exploration and development well results and their implications across the non-operated Santos portfolio
- Supporting and monitoring on-going and upcoming geophysical projects
- Supporting project maturation activities. Comfortable working across fields at different development stages and tailoring workload accordingly.
- IRM modelling - through collaboration and team work the candidate need to deliver major geophysical inputs to static and dynamic models such as: interpretation surfaces and fault frameworks, integration of inversion products and attributes, 4D interpretations, etc
- Major interface role and integration with other disciplines demanding strong inter-personal skills.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market. Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future. We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
This position requires a technical professional with a broad and deep understanding of the EP business, with a minimum of 5 years in an E&P Development environment.
The candidate is well versed in geophysical aspects of (fractured) carbonate reservoirs, including seismic interpretation
, seismic inversion
use of advanced geophysical methods to inform carbonate reservoir quality, depth-conversion
A distinct advantage if the candidate can demonstrate knowledge/experience of dealing with seismic-imaging, seismic imaging, and velocity modeling.
A typical candidate would hold a Bachelors level geophysics, physics, electrical engineering or geology degree
or can demonstrate equivalent experience, and has had assignments, at least one of which involved the appraisal/development of reservoirs.
- Pre-salt carbonate
- Turbidite systems
- Seismic reservoir characterisation, reservoir property modelling, seismic to match matching
- Well planning, Well and Reservoir Management
- Seismic acquisition, OBN, 4D QC seismic processing
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.