Other Skills: OEM, Ships Engineer, Marine Operations
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Field Service Technician
The company has the exclusive service subcontract of Hyundai Global Service America which subsidiary of Hyundai Heavy Industries Co, Ltd. Hyundai Heavy Industries has a world leading range of capabilities in the marine and offshore market, diesel engine and other machinery.
We're specialized on engine and other machinery service and maintenance of Hyundai Heavy Industries' Products.
Responsible for preparing mechanical overhauls, repairs and executing the service solutions in compliance with customer specifications and contractual agreements. This includes planning, designing tools, machines, and other engine components
Travel Requirements: This position may require travel domestically and internationally to support the company's goals and objectives. This is expected to be approx. 95%.
- Responsible for assisting with the service and overhauling of medium speed reciprocating engines and components.
- Perform maintenance, overhauls, and repairs to engine components including injectors, fuel pumps, cylinder heads, turbochargers, and governors and control systems
- Work both in the workshop and in the field
- Travel to various customer locations upon as directed including shipyards, onboard ship service, power stations, and gas compression stations, and travel to other countries for extended lengths of time.
- Prepare technical reports for both internal and external customers.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Be conscientious
- Be respectful to customers and co-workers
- High school diploma
- Associate or Bachelor degree in (Marine/Mechanical Engineering or Engine Technology) and/or minimum of 2 years' experience in marine operations and/or maintenance operations is preferred.
- Assistant Engineer License,OEM Service Technician level, or unlicensed seagoing experience for at least 2 years is preferred.
- Good communication skills including reporting skills and listening skills.
- Ability to develop leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of large bore, medium speed diesel engines such as: HiMSEN, MAN, Wartsila, and Bergen/Rolls Royce.
- Ability to use diesel engine diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to contribute a positive and motivated environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)