Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
My client is a Major Oil & Gas company based in Surrey who are recruiting for a Senior Pipeline Engineer - Onshore on a staff basis
As a Senior Pipeline Engineer working within our dynamic and pipelines group, you will be an primarily supporting our current suite of onshore projects in concept and FEED; providing engineering design and analysis insights.
You will have a strong mechanical/civil engineering (or equivalent) background, with a possible master's degree; and have an excellent understanding of pipeline design engineering.
The ideal candidate will have:
Essential Skills And Experience
- You will be involved in a variety of consultancy and engineering scopes from concept to operations.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of commonly used design codes (e.g. ASME, ISO etc), and be able to efficiently assess design compliance in line with these.
- Required to perform onshore pipeline analyses; using hand calculations, analysis tools and approved calculation software.
- With suitable experience, you will perform finite element analysis to solve a variety of engineering challenges.
- Be responsible for writing and verifying technical reports clearly and concisely; so technical accuracy will be of high importance to you.
- Expected to collaborate closely with our Consultants, Leads and Principal Engineers in our other engineering disciplines.
- You will have a good standard of written and spoken English as good communication is essential.
- You will have an eye for detail - we will require you to prepare analyses, specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly, efficiently and right first time.
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements