Skills: WellSite Supervisor, Maintenance Manager
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the maintenance and repair of all technical and mechanical equipment onboard the unit. Provides leadership and makes the necessary decision to ensure safe and efficient performance of the unit. Ensures that all legal and regulatory rules, regulations and company policies and procedures are adhered to by personnel.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum two years experience as a Assistant Chief Engineer or Supervisory position in an Offshore Marine Environment
- Chief Engineer (Unlimited) STCW III/2 and flag state equivalent
- Offshore Certificates considered an asset: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, WHMIS, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Maintenance Supervisor MOU Surface
- Broad range of mechanical, electrical skills and troubleshooting techniques. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Ensure effective use of the Company's Maintenance Management System
- Plan and coordinate all preventative and corrective maintenance activities in conjunction with other department heads to avoid downtime
- Coordinates with Offshore Installation Manager, all certificates for Class, Flag State and regulatory body requirements
- Develop and promote effective troubleshooting condition evaluation and root cause failure analysis programs for all technical equipment
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation system are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
- Record and report all non-conformance, incidents, abnormal situations, and potential hazards to Offshore Installation Manager
- Promote and develop maintenance task optimization and provide feedback to technical team/maintenance manager. Follow up and implement approved changed to IFS
- Responsible for coordinating management of change for design modification of equipment and vessel
- Responsible for efficient and effective maintenance of all systems onboard
- Responsible for ensuring that the Technical department are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized and updated accordingly
- Liaise with Offshore Installation Manager to ensure that all Third Party equipment is fit for purpose certified, correctly installed and maintained while on the rig
- Liaise with shore bases technical staff to ensure a timely transfer of knowledge within the fleet
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, lubes, potable water and drill water
- Ensure other departments know, understand and can execute first line maintenance effectively
- Ensure that personnel complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner and comply with all company policies, regulatory laws and regulations
- Review all equipment inspections, certificates, reports, etc. received from the Materials Coordinator
- Assist the Material Coordination to ensure electrical and mechanical equipment is stored and preserved in the correct manner and location
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Carry out classification surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery
- Prepare budget with Offshore Installation Manager and Drilling Section Leader. Responsible for budgetary control of department
- Ensure technical inventory I maintained within budget and at operating levels
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the Client representative
- Perform or lead incident investigation as required
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Technical Section Leader (TSL) - NL Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: