Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Location: Viken, Norway
A successful developer evaluates and implements emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations.
The Frontend developer plays a key role in the user interface design for our customers' portfolio of business applications, including determining all UX standards for the highest degree of usability, specifically look and feel, navigation, and workflow. He or she continually researches, tests, and outlines updates to our corporate UX standards.
The Backend developer is responsible for developing the back end of a web application, handling the logic, database interactions, user authentication, configuration, etc. She or he evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations.
As a Full stack Software engineer, you will work in both front end and back end.
All are working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
- Collaborates with designers, developers and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Applies usability procedures and principles
- Produces analyses and designs on which design conclusions are based.
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, and product managers and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users' experience.
Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science (recent graduate with less than 2 years of experience).
Alternatively, Bachelors or Masters in any STEM Disciplines with 1 to 3 years programming experience.
- Proficiency in programming
- For back end, proficiency in one back end framework and programming language
- Interest in delivering appealing and easy to use user interfaces and/or services
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Familiarity with one or more of the following skills would be beneficial, but not required:
- Knowledge of Golang or Angular
- Knowledge of design principles and user interaction and UX standards
- Knowledge of visual aesthetic components: layout, fonts, color, animations, graphic elements
- Have a good understanding of latest frameworks and visual trends
- Cloud technology, containerization, Kubernetes, Google, Azure or similar
At the Schlumberger Norway Technology Center the Flow Assurance team creates cloud based workflows around our best in class flow simulators. Schlumberger software portfolio spans all technologies from cloud and web-based applications to computationally intensive scientific modelling. Our people create professional software for an exciting industry in a dynamic work environment.
Annual Salary Range: NOK 480,000 to 600,000 depending on qualification levels
Estimated start date: Summer 2020 (flexible)
Disclaimer: Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.