Job Description We're on the search for a Senior Steam Cracker Furnace Technologist for our team in Amsterdam. With every chance to grow your professional and technical skills and benefit from all the opportunities you'd expect from a global, supportive employer. Where you fit in
The Senior Steam Cracker Furnace Technologist provides onsite support for the refinery for all aspects of Base Chemicals. You can make a visible impact on our business as you are the direct link between the refinery and decision-makers in our Base Chemicals Center of Expertise (CoE) team in Amsterdam. Your role is to know what the site needs and be able to provide the high quality of service that meets Shell's commercial goals. This specific role is targeted for steam cracking furnaces, troubleshooting, monitoring, turnaround support in global sites, BD Plants and projects in Base Chemicals.
The team exists of a mix of young graduate to principle engineers. The Base Chemicals Center of Expertise supports all Shell steam cracking plants across the globe, support the business in developing new projects and has own R&D to support plant and margin improvements. Our team members are working out of our Amsterdam, Houston (USA) or Bangalore (India) offices.What's the role?
You will be leading and assisting in the development of furnace projects. As a Senior Technologist, you will also lead and execute your ideas to improve furnace safety and reliability. Being a Senior Steam Cracker Furnace Technologist, you are also expected to share your best practices with steam cracker furnace, technology development and plant optimization or operations. You are also to support HSSE initiatives and support the team in providing best practices and having continuous improvement particularly with the work processes.
More specific duties may include:
- Coaching and training younger staff
- Represent base chemicals in industry associations and/or conferences
- Engage with relevant vendors and licensors
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.COMPANY DESCRIPTIONAn innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential:
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
We would like to see the following in your CV:
- Master or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in Steam Cracker furnace or technology development, plant optimization or plant operations
- Experience in other fired equipment
- Experience in Process Modelling (i.e. steam cracker Furnace/Heater modelling)
- Fluency in the English language is a must while Dutch and German language is a nice-to-have
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.