Skills: Materials Management , Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Procurement Specialist III is responsible for purchasing selected categories for the organization. He/she identifies and evaluates global vendors, develops or reviews vendor contracts and makes recommendations accordingly for approval. As part of the role, the Procurement Specialist III is accountable for the execution and continuous improvement of the procure-to-pay process (e.g., RFQ, PR, PO, GR/MR, contracts).
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent (required)
• Minimum 7+ years of experience in purchasing for an offshore drilling contractor (preferred)
• Highly competent in MODU equipment and spare parts
• Can independently drive procure to pay process (e.g., skilled at managing bidding processes, developing request for proposals and requests for quotation, contracts, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, GR/MR)
• Extensive knowledge of the supplier base and skilled at managing vendor relations
• Minimum 2 years on SAP MM experience or recognized ERP system (preferred)
• Proven ability to work with and has the potential to lead cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
• Recognized for his/her ability to successfully negotiate with and positively influence internal stakeholders and commercial partners
• Strong analytical skills
• Personal drive / self-motivation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interest in learning, challenging paradigms, trying and adopting new approaches
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
• Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time and every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
• Demonstrates Pacific Drilling's Leadership Competencies.
• Independently execute procure-to-pay process for the assigned global categories.
• Obtain and analyze process reports with ease; identify and support implementation of ideas to optimize procure-to-pay process for the department with focus on the assigned global categories.
• Drive standardization of capital equipment and/or spare parts.
• Manage relationships with assigned global vendors (as required).
• Negotiates commercial and other contract language and execution of contract with occasional support from supervisor, legal, and risk management (as required).
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter. Work is highly independent. Handles complex issues and problems independently, rarely referring the most complex issues to the Procurement Manager.
• May coach junior team members, provide influential leadership of team, and be assigned team lead role for specific projects or work groups.
• Work with all stakeholders to drive continuous improvement of procurement and supply chain processes.
• Works closely with supply chain personnel and offers viable solutions to issues related to documentation and logistics as required for freight-forwarding.
• Offers development of procurement policies and procedures that will drive continuous improvement and best practices.
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!