Skills: Client Representative, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The QHSE Superintendent US Operations supports country line management in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Pacific Drilling Quality and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management Systems and supporting processes for US Operations.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Degree level education (preferably in Quality /Health and Safety Management/Administration) and at least 5 years of experience in Health, Safety and Environment roles Offshore Drilling industry preferred
• A NEBOSH International Certificate (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of experience in Health, Safety and Environment roles Offshore Drilling industry preferred
• In addition to the above, any oil and gas drilling operations management experience is required, offshore experience strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge and understanding of the ISO management principles, ISO 9001 and 14001 and the OHSAS 18001 suite of international standards
• Thorough understanding for the requirements of national regulations including USCG, BOEM, BSEE, OSHA, EPA, etc.
• Certification as a lead inspector/auditor with demonstrable experience in management of audit programs is preferred
• Thorough understanding of the development and implementation of Safe Systems of Work including Permit-To-Work, Energy Isolation, Mechanical Lifting, Working at Heights, Confined Space Entry and Dropped Objects prevention, etc.
• Working knowledge of behavioral safety management principles
• Comprehensive knowledge of principles of loss control and risk management
• Adept in the use of computers including Microsoft Office 2007 or equivalent - in particular with Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications - working knowledge of databases, as well as the internet and e-mail.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Ensure that Q&HSE remain high on the priorities of line management including communication of the policies and applicable standards, procedures and work instructions.
• Support Pacific Drilling Operations Management in the implementation and monitoring of the Pacific Drilling HSE Management System and the implementation of Division specific Q&HSE standards, and procedures.
• Liaison with the Q&HSE representatives of clients, contractors and vendors to ensure alignment and compliance with agreed expectations.
• Monitor and facilitate compliance with Q&HSE Training requirements and define and deliver any US specific learning materials in collaboration with the training department.
• Facilitate the development of US Operations Q&HSE plans and monitor progress
• Coordinate the implementation of US Operations focused continual quality improvement programs applied to Health, Safety and Environment processes and issues.
• Implement and manage the US Operations Emergency Response Programs including the planning and coordination of periodic drills.
• Periodic reporting of US Operations performance against HSE indicators and metrics to Division/Country management and other relevant parties (including authorities as required) according to established protocols.
• Facilitate the thorough and timely identification, assessment and control of Q&HSE related risks and communicate to all affected parties.
• Analyze reported QHSE Risk information (including Risk Report Cards, Observation/Feedback Cards, Inspections, Audits and Event Reports) to identify trends and develop proactive risk control measures, campaigns and strategies.
• Management of comprehensive investigation programs and management investigation reviews.
• Collaborate with Operations and Technical Departments to ensure that vessels are fit-for-purpose in operations in terms of HSE capabilities and compliance with international, regulatory, client and company standards.
• Liaise with Quality department on the generation and maintenance of all US Operations Q&HSE controlled documentation according to company defined standards.
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!