Work Location : Georgetown, Guyana South America
Responsibilities and duties:
- Promote safety awareness and safe performance among project team members, including consultants and contractor personnel
- Conduct regular SHE inspections/assessments on-site and at key off-site subcontractor locations in accordance with established project and site SHE plans or as requested by site team members
- Identify and work to eliminate hazards, unsafe conditions, and unsafe acts; work with company, contractor, and subcontractor management toward achieving an injury-free work place
- Keep site management apprised of significant safety issues and plans/progress towards resolving issues and eliminating hazards
- Perform LPS observations
- Advise site team of safety initiatives, issues, challenges, and incident investigations/follow-up
- Communicate safety initiatives, achievements, experiences, and issues from other sites and projects with site team members and contractor/subcontractor safety advisors/management
- Participate in investigation and follow-up of incidents/accidents; prepare notifications/reports for communication of significant incidents to company project/functional management per project incident reporting procedures and matrix
- Coach and advise contractor/subcontractor safety professionals/management in incident investigation documentation, reporting, and follow-up, including root cause analysis and case management
- Monitor work processes to ensure compliance with the site work permit system and area/system responsibilities
- Ensure JLA QRs and LPSA conversations are taking place.
- Prepare/provide a safety induction briefing.
- Participates and or leads incident investigations
- Collect and share safety lessons learned with other sites and project and functional management
- Certifications in HSE
- Experience in Behavior Based Safety Program ( LPS)
- Spend 80% of time field on site.
- Completes 3 LPOs per week
- Completes 1 LPO quality review per month
- Completes 5 Construction Safety Reviews entries per week
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.