Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment, Construction Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Omsk, Russian Federation
Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor - Coke storage equipment (MAS)
Reference: PIR 401901700
Date of issue: 27/01/2020
Project: Gazprom Neft - Omsk Refinery "Delayed Coking Unit" (DCU) Project
Job Location: Omsk, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary
Hours/rotation: 91 days on site - 15 days off + 3 days for travelling
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
- Single status
- Daily allowance and accommodation
- Travel to home country in economy class.
Job Summary/Role description
The scope of the project includes the implementation of a new Delayed Coking complex of the existing Omsk Refinery and aimed at expanding its capacity for the conversion of heavy residues while maximizing liquid product and producing anode grade quality coke.
Mechanical Supervisor - Coke storage equipment (MAS) is responsible for the coordination of Mechanical Construction and directs Subcontractor activities, ensuring that Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of Mechanical Subcontractor(s) for Coke storage equipment;
- Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier's material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
- Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field;
- Ensures the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities;
- Ensure that their performances are carefully monitored in terms of schedule, quality and cost, and coordinate all necessary recovery actions whenever detect deviation from schedule or specifications under the guidance of Mechanical Superintendent;
- Checks that the said schedule is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay;
- Prepares the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate nonconformity resolution;
- Detects any design errors, and where possible rectifies the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
- Checks Subcontractors' work progress status sheets and signs the same for approval;
- Manages vendor specialists.
- Proved experience with coke storage equipment installation;
- Five (5) years of relevant field experience in EPC projects;
- Similar role covered at least in last three projects, of comparable size;
- Experience working on the Contractor side.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with a strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
- Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments:
Only candidates with considerable experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at working level would be advantageous.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- the email address of the candidate.