Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD55 - CAD65 per hour
Location: Ontario, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Pipeline Integrity Engineer for a contract in Chatham, ON.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given.
- Create, manage, and maintain integrity assessment programs and plans to ensure pipelines remain safe, environmentally responsible, reliable, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable standards and regulations.
- Assessment of threats to pipelines and facilities components and associated probability-of- failure (POF) values, estimating pipeline risk based on POF, assessment of risk associated with High Consequence Areas (HCA), identifying risk mitigation opportunities for HCAs.
- Assessment of pipeline retrofitting for in-line inspection, selection of inspection technologies and techniques, investigation, analysis, and prescribed remediation of anomalies identified by inspection, modeling growth of indications and issuing digs for remediation, recommending re-inspection frequency of pipelines.
- Provides technical support on integrity matters, including consultation on designs and procedures.
- Investigate and recommend new inspection techniques and technologies.
• University Degree in Engineering.
• Minimum of 4 years engineering experience.
• Valid class G drivers' license
• Strong Computer skills and ability to work within various MS Office applications including Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to think analytically and perform detailed analysis.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time and meet defined timelines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Organized and strategic thinker.
NICE TO HAVES:
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation in Canadian jurisdiction
• Experience working in the pipeline or utility industry
• This role will be stationed in the Chatham office. Some travel may be required between offices and to occasionally to work sites.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.