Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Gas Plant Operations, Supply & Distribution
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and "Sensor Intelligence" have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK's focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise & support to the SICK Strategic Industry Teams with regard to the Process Automation Analyzer portfolio which includes the following: CEMS and Analyzers. The focus will remain with specific OEMs, Integrators, and End Users within the following focus Segments: CPR, Maritime, Power and EPC. Primary responsibilities include providing the highest level of product knowledge, product positioning, and marketing expertise to customers, sales teams, and channel partners to develop and improve SICK's competitive advantage and market share. Create and improve SICK's competitive advantage and process efficiencies to consistently build profitable revenue growth in assigned Global Business Center(s).
This position exhibits excellence in the four pillars:
- Technical - Technical excellence in assigned Business Unit(s).
- Commercial, Tools - Commercial excellence in National Product Management & Sales support and customer engagement in assigned Business Unit(s) utilizing common tools (CRM, SalesPro, et cetera).
- Collaboration - Collaboration excellence in intra-subsidiary communication and with headquarters in assigned Business Unit(s).
- Business - Business excellence in assigned Business Unit(s) with full support of portfolio related to revenue and margin, budget, and forecast commitments.
The SICK, Inc. Analyzers and Continuous Gas Analysis Systems portfolio includes the following:
1) Dust Analyzers
2) In-Situ Analyzers
3) Extractive Analyzers
4) Continuous Gas Analysis Systems
The Product Management Process consists of six core processes:
- Strategic Assessment
- Midterm & Budget Planning
- Product Development Process
- Product Launch Process
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Phase Out
Market Application Engineering is primarily involved in the Product Lifecycle (5) and Product Phase-Out (6) phases of the Product Management Process and assists Market Product Management resources during the Strategic Assessment (1) phase.
- Support Market Product Management resources in identifying and analyzing technology trends/developments and customer industry needs in the Process Automation World. The focus will be on CEMS and Analyzers, with a secondary focus on Flow Measurement.
- Provide Tier 2 level and post-production technical support inclusive of customer, sales, marketing, and other support needs. Support may be in-person or via telephone, WebEx/GoToWebinars meetings, email, and/or other forms of communication.
- Conduct technical training inclusive of customer, sales, and other training needs. Training may be in-person or via telephone, WebEx/GoToWebinars meetings, email, and/or other forms of communication.
- Support Market Product Management resources with information on new products/extensions/customization ideas & potential and carry out local technical implementation. Leverage tools like SICK Ideas to document use case and technical requirements.
- Support sales in writing industry papers for conferences and shows, and present as requested.
- Manage the creation, review, and submittal of technical support documentation updates.
- Collaborate with Sales and Market Product Management resources as a joint selling team. Use the CRM system to document Value Creation Path engagement activities to ensure visibility to all joint selling team members.
- Manage the support of Market Product Management in the product launch process to assure the successful introduction of new products into the sales channel.
- Assist in product testing as deemed necessary by MPM and GPM. Taking data gathering and presenting to MPM and/or GPM in a pre-determined format.
- Manage the design, development, and construction of demonstration equipment to support activities.
- Manage the support of Market Product Management resources in the positioning of the broader SICK solution inclusive of Serial Products, Systems, and Services.
- Manage Industry 4.0 enablement technical support activities.
- Manage Environment of Customer (EoC) technical support activities.
- Manage the application of diagnostic techniques to identify problems and investigate root cause analysis.
- Mentor Market Application Engineer I and II resources. Work with resources on an individual basis to develop skills and competencies necessary for their current position.
- May have work direction responsibilities for other Market Application Engineer I and II resources.
- Lead MPM AE team as requested by the department manager.
- Embrace the SICK culture via the SICK Way.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or other Engineering discipline preferred or 10+ years of equivalent experience.
- 5+ year of Experience in installation of Industrial Systems in Process Automation industries.
- Technical competency within assigned Business Unit(s) inclusive of SOPAS, FlowGate and CBM preferred. Experience with AppSpace, Safety Designer, and other protocols/software platforms is a plus. Basic knowledge in sensor integration, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, Distributed Control System (DCS) & Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) programming, networking, database management, Asset Management System (AMS) & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) integration, and cyber security is a plus.
- Extensive experience with CRM, Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP a plus.
- Must be familiar with most communication protocols, such as Modbus, HART, FFB, Ethernet IP, Profinet and Ethernet TCP/IP.
- Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner, whether written or oral.
- Excellent customer relationship skills such as the ability to listen, assert self, resolve conflicts, and work out customer concerns.
- Strong understanding and application of engineering concepts efficiently.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified Applicants must apply directly through the following link to be considered for this role.
Visit us at www.sickusa.com
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V