Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Project Management, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Pipeline Services
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and "Sensor Intelligence" have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK's focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position is responsible for the overall market success of SICK's Process Automation Flow Measurement portfolio within our defined focus segments throughout the entire product lifecycle. The Process Automation Flow Metering portfolio includes the following: FS500, FS600XT, FS600 Classic and FS600 DRU products. Specific focus will be on OEMs, Fabricators, and End Users within the following focus Segments: O&G Upstream, O&G Downstream and O&G Midstream. Primary responsibilities include providing the highest level of product knowledge, product positioning, and marketing expertise to customers, sales teams, and channel partners to develop and improve SICK's competitive advantage and market share. Create and improve SICK's competitive advantage and process efficiencies to consistently build profitable revenue growth in assigned Global Business Center(s).
This position exhibits clear leadership in the four pillars:
- Technical - Technical excellence in assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Commercial, Tools - Commercial excellence in Sales & customer engagement in assigned Global Business Center(s) utilizing common tools (CRM, SalesPro, et cetera).
- Collaboration - Collaboration excellence in intra-subsidiary communication and with headquarters in assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Business - Business excellence in assigned Global Business Center(s) with full ownership of portfolio revenue and margin, budget, and forecast commitments.
National Product Management is involved in all six phases of the Product Management Process.
- Strategic Assessment
- Midterm & Budget Planning
- Product Development Process
- Product Launch Process
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Phase Out
This position may provide work direction and supervisory oversight for other Market Product Management I & II and/or Market Application Engineer I, II, & II resources.
- Pro-actively monitor, analyze, and report competitor activities for assigned Global Business Center(s). Work with Marketing to refine marketing strategy to appropriately position SICK sales channels for success. Activity working with marketing team to refine marketing strategy to appropriately position SICK sales channels for success.
- Identify and analyze new market segments, technology trends, customer industry needs, and legislative changes for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Provide activity cost planning and forecasting for assigned Global Business Center(s). Deliver on financial budget and forecast commitments. Actively participant in the budgeting and forecasting process and weekly/monthly financial reviews. Communicate to minimize surprises.
- Conduct strategy assessment for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Provide overall strategy analysis and development with market analyses for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Support Strategic Product Management in the development of new product ideas and aggregate for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Execute product launches from S1 to S2 inclusive of local customizations for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Support Global Product Management in launch campaign planning through delivery of target customer lists for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Assure and conduct lifecycle management for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Conduct customer and sales trainings for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Monitor performance for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Gather and prepare customer feedback with Market Application Engineering for assigned Global Business Center(s). Prepare business cases for review.
- Conduct marketing campaign planning & execution for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Support portfolio adjustments as required by legislative changes, local certification issues, and/or regulatory impacts for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Assure and execute phase-out communication to customers in conjunction with Sales for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Prepare and support phase-out and end of production for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Collaborate with Sales and Market Application Engineering resources as a joint selling team for assigned Global Business Center(s). Use the CRM system to document Value Creation Path engagement activities to ensure visibility to all joint selling team members.
- Provide leadership at regular staff meetings and one-on-one sessions for assigned Global Business Center(s). Discuss strategic planning, annual objectives and status, opportunities, challenges, and next actions.
- Lead and monitor market-based product pricing and profitability strategies for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Lead Industry 4.0 enablement activities for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Lead Environment of Customer (EoC) activities for assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Participate in SICK activities and meetings representing subsidiary and assigned Global Business Center(s).
- Mentor Market Product Management I & II resources. Work with resources on an individual basis to develop skills and competencies necessary for their current position.
- Embrace the SICK culture via the SICK Way.
- Support Special SICK projects as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or another Engineering discipline preferred, or 10 years of similar experience.
- Product management or sales experience within process automation or related field required.
- Technical competency within assigned Global Business Center(s) inclusive of Flowgate, CBM and SOPAS preferred. AppSpace, Safety Designer, and other protocols/software platforms a plus. Market and positioning knowledge in sensor integration, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, Distributed Control System (DCS) & Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) programming, networking, database management, Asset Management System (AMS) & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) integration, and cyber security a plus.
- Extensive experience with CRM, Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP a necessity
- Written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interface with individuals both inside and outside the organization from a technical perspective regarding SICK products.
- Ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels within the division.
- Ability to make complex decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to approach ambiguity with creativity.
- Action oriented, with the ability to drive for results.
- Strong understanding of the business, and processes to improve efficiency.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to delegate, collaborate, motivate, and work with others within the organization.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program.
Visit us at www.sickusa.com
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V