Accounting Policy & Governance:
- Deliver the roles and responsibilities of accounting policy compliance, governance and controls in 6 entities operating in Turkey including Shell&Turcas Petrol AS (STAS), Shell Shell Company of Turkey Ltd (SCTL), Shell Petrol AS (SPAS) in compliance with Shell Group guidelines, local Capital Market Board principles, Turkish GAAPs.
- Assist the Corporate Finance Advisor in coordinating annual planning process, managing Controllers costs vs budget, provide guidance to Class of Businesses (CoB)/Finance Functions on accounting matters, perform review of reports before submission to local Boards, Group and Statutory bodies including communication with relevant authorities where needed.
- Review both Group and Statutory reports and provide reporting expertise (including treatment and all disclosures)
- Coordinate and review quarterly financial review and commentaries on major variances
- Co-ordination and monitoring Year End timetable and activities
- External Audit coordination
- Data preparation for Board meetings and local leadership team meetings in co-ordination with the treasury teams and business lines
- Preparation of statutory financial tables including dividend distributions
- Consolidation of business plans and cash forecast plans for the Shell Company of Turkey
- Act as the interface between MI (management information) , Manage Close and Intra Group teams in Finance Operations (FO) centers (Krakow, Manila, Chennai) and coordinate monthly/quarterly activities by utilizing virtual ways of working and effective communication.
- Provide support to Corporate Finance Manager on other corporate finance related activities
- Fully compliant with ISO9001 Management Quality system and ISO27001 Information security management systems
- Promote One Team ways of working with Finance Operations, Corporate Finance and Finance in the Business. Act as a Lead Interface between Finance in Business and other functions and Finance Operations. This entails regular and effective interaction and communication with all CoB finance and FO process focal points including Krakow, Manila and Chennai on a monthly basis particularly for closings and follow up of pending matters between COB / Finance Operations.
- Extensive experience in IFRS principles & Capital Market Board Consolidation
- Mastery level knowledge on accounting& reporting
- Good Communication Skills & Creative Thinking
- Analytical. Capable of performing vertical / horizontal / trend analysis related financial values
- Leader & Negotiator. Builds strong working relationships with management, colleagues and other departments; leads and/or motivates the team and colleagues to finalize the project often to tight deadlines
- Takes initiative